Saturday, April 22

Well . . . that was weird

I just now awoke from an arguably ill-timed nap (coulda/shoulda been studying for finals). I walked into my bedroom (napping on love seat), and, lo and behold, there were about a dozen bees flying around. My windows are sealed tight. I have no idea how they got there.

I calmly walked to the kitchen drawer, opened the last roll of flypaper I have, and went bee collecting. No bees attacked; most went peacefully. The large majority were congregated around the dangling chain of my ceiling fan. I lightly touched the flypaper against each bee, trapping it. After I collected all the bees I could see, I took the flypaper outside and threw it away.

It's finals time. I can't sit around contemplating how or why a dozen bees decided to make my bedroom hive central. My windows weren't opened, and I saw no hoses evident of the ol' slip-your-neighbor-a-mess-o'-bees trick.

For now, studying and more studying.

But that sure was weird.



BEES

11 Comments:

Blogger george said...

Several times at an apartment I shared in Norman, back in '92, I awoke to a wasp in my bedroom.

I think they came through in either cracks in the wall or through the vents.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Last summer wasps often appeared in one of our bathrooms; somehow they were getting in through the exhaust fan.

I don't like that explanation for your bees, though. It's too mundane. Did you have any dreams during your nap? Maybe your creativity was in such a heightened state as you slumbered that you opened a portal allowing dream-bees to enter reality.

I just looked up bees in a dream dictionary I have. Here's what it has to say:

"These busy creatures are a forerunner of great good fortune in business matters, even if they stung you. However, if they were dead, listless, or you killed them, you could suffer a loss by putting too much trust in 'friends.' If you heard the bees buzzing, expect good news."

Interesting. Do keep us updated!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Austin said...

Aw, yes. Dream bees. I like that.

What did you do about the wasps?

I had a dream last night that I was having to take high school Geometry again, but I hadn't done any of the homework. What does that mean?

8:09 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Alas, I'm afraid the meaning is obvious.

As for the wasps, we waited for winter to arrive. And now that winter is gone, we're moving out. Problem solved!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Austin said...

OK, so wait for winter and move out.

Got it.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I have no idea about the bees. That is really, really, wierd.

Maybe they're investigating as to whether or not you're a terrorist.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elizabeth said...

Thank God you didn't get stung. Ever since I got stung by a bee last summer I'm wary of them.

How's the studying going? If I were you I'd be hanging out at the Law School Library more now.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Ooh! I didn't think of that! Though, I don't know what the reference is to off-hand.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

By the way, I'm not sure exactly what this means, but Andy Wallace is mixing the Roonay's new record.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Look what I just read as the latest piece of news on rooney-band.com :

"The album will be finished within the hour! I'm about to hear a mix of the last song, "You Know". After that we'll be mixing a couple of b-sides (or potential bonus tracks). Next week Louie and Robert will be attending mastering, a process where the mixes are prepared to sound their best for CD pressing and radio play. That's it folks....LP 2 is practically in the can. I sh*t you not. It's done. The record is FINISHED. TL"

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

New album September 12!!!

Oh, yeah.

UPDATE!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home